Office / Office Support
We are looking for a volunteer to assist our Service Development team.
The Service Development team develops and delivers awareness and support services as specific pilots and research projects for African, African Caribbean men due to their higher risk of prostate cancer, and men from low socio-economic groups due to the number of health inequalities experienced by these groups. These pilots and projects are carefully evaluated to better understand the impact of this work and to inform future service delivery.
The Partnering for Progress Community Grants Initiative under the African, African Caribbean programme has been set up to work in partnership with members of the Black community to deliver prostate cancer messages informing Black men of their increased risk and their rights.
What will I be doing?
We are looking for a volunteer to help the team coordinate aspects of the Partnering for Progress programme. This will include:
• Collating content for our e-newsletter
• Logging new e-newsletter sign-up’s on to a Microsoft Excel spreadsheet and the Raisers Edge database (our central database), logging data received from audience feedback forms on to a spreadsheet
• Assisting in the core analysis of the feedback by producing statistics, charts and graphs using Microsoft Excel. Providing support in the development of grant application forms using Microsoft Word, and collating key documents.
• Creating and maintaining a task log of the grants lifecycle, keeping a record of when information is received, and chasing outstanding information.
What skills and personal qualities do I need?
• Basic IT skills ( Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook)
• Experience of using a database (Desirable – training will be given)
• Highly organised
• Good time management skills
• An interest in the work of the African & African-Caribbean programme
What skills and experiences will I gain from this role?
You will gain a range of skills and experience such as:
• Administration and project coordination skills
• Enhanced skills in Microsoft Word and Excel
• Experience of using Raiser’s Edge (A database widely used in the charity sector)
• An understanding of how grant application processes work
• Being part of a team dedicated to African and African Caribbean men at risk of or affected by prostate cancer.
• Experience of working in the charity sector
• Experience of collating and analysing data
Where will I be volunteering?
In our head office located in London Bridge.
What time commitments are involved?
We are looking for someone to commit to 15 hours per week for a minimum of 3 months from September. Confirmation of the days required in the office will be agreed with the successful applicant.
What training will be provided?
• Training on Raiser’s Edge, a database widely used within the charity sector.
• On the job training for day to day work
• Depending on how long you stay with us you may be eligible to attend further training on project evaluation, data protection and other in house training.
Will expenses be covered?
Yes, we will cover travel costs to and from the office as well as your lunch costs in line with our expense policy.