Volunteer Management Volunteer needed
What needs to get done
The Volunteer Management team recruit, train and support our dedicated team of volunteers. We currently have over 1500 active volunteers in range of roles such as one-to-one support, cheering at events, fundraising volunteers, office volunteers, awareness raising volunteers, just to name a few.
What will I be doing?
You help out in a wide range of tasks across the work we do. You will be given a few ongoing projects for you to work on, such as creating a database of CVS centres (Community Volunteer Services) as well as helping out with various team projects. The main areas of work will be assisting with our communications, database management, project evaluations and volunteer queries.
Duties may include
• Helping to organise events
• Helping to put together our fortnightly volunteer communications newsletter
• Recording volunteer activity on our database
• Help to administer our general inbox by replying to volunteers and forwarding to relevant team members
• Participating in the our programme evaluations
• Creating a database of Volunteer Centres
• Helping to update our internal website with volunteer news
What skills and personal qualities do I need?
• Administrative skills
• An interest in working with volunteers
• An interest in database management and analysis
• Good interpersonal and communication skills
• Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook (additional training will be provided.)
• Experience of using Raiser’s Edge or another CRM would be desirable but training will also be provided
What skills and experience will I gain?
• Experience of working with volunteers and of working in the charity sector
• Experience using Raiser’s edge, which is widely used and sought after in the charity sector
• Experience working within a diverse team across a range of projects
• Experience in creating newsletters and mass communications
• The knowledge that you are helping to deliver various volunteer projects involving over 1500 volunteers.
Where will I be volunteering?
You will be based in out London office in London Bridge. Hours are generally flexible but between the hours of 9 – 5 to suit you. We are looking for someone that can commit to at least 1 full day a week for at least 3 months.
What time commitments will be involved?
Hours are generally flexible but between the hours of 9 – 5 to suit you. We are looking for someone that can commit to at least 1 full day a week for at least 3 months.
What training will be provided?
We run various in house training events that you will be encouraged to attend when they run.
• An introduction to the work of Prostate Cancer UK
• On the job training
• Data protection training
• Raiser’s Edge database training
Will my expenses be covered?
We pay reasonable out-of-pocket expenses including travel and refreshments while volunteering in line with our expenses policy.