Hours needed

0

Hours completed

0

Location

Birkenhead, GB


Charity registration number

702114


Charity links


Questions?

Want to know more about our charity? Get in touch!

Wirral Holistic Cancer Services

About us

We have been based on the Wirral for 28 years supporting all cancer patients through our Nurse-led organisation. We offer psychological and emotional support through our range of therapies , group work , counselling and drop-in service. Our therapies include Nutritional Awareness, Food Intolerance Testing, Acupuncture, Indian Head Massage, Reflexology, Aromatherapy,Reiki, Tai Chi, Art and Craft and Chair exercise. We also have a support group that meets each Thursday @ 1.30pm.

This service is FREE to all cancer patients, referral is through self-referral by ringing the centre 0151 652 9313

As this service is free we as a charity rely on the goodwill of our many volunteers which include therapists, admin, gardening and general staff and our wonderful fundraising team (which is everyone at the centre, basically). Our fundraising brings in 75% of our income we have a charity shop based in the local community.We have recently secured funding from the Care Commissioning Group for a 3 year period which makes up the other 25% of our income.

We are always in need of support , help, funding in any shape to help our patient group and their carers, to attract new therapists , new volunteers and to raise our profile.

Current projects

Skill neededJob descriptionHours
None yet

Completed projects

Skill neededJob descriptionHours
None yet