Health Professional Engagement Office Volunteer
What needs to get done
Over the last 12 months Prostate Cancer UK has been developing its services for health professionals working in the field of prostate disease. We want to be the first port of call for health professionals seeking information, resources, support and advice in relation to prostate disease. We want to both widen and strengthen our relationships with health professionals to ensure they are key stakeholders in our work so that together, we can improve care for men with prostate cancer. In this role you will worth with our Engagement Manager as part of small team focussing on health professionals.
Main tasks include: event support, finance and administration, marketing and communications and data entry and analysis.
The role will be varied but include a combination of the below:
Conferences and Events
• Supporting the organisation of an important health professional engagement event in June
• Assisting with organising exhibition stands at conferences – booking travel and accommodation, ordering stand material, writing briefs, and arranging couriers etc;
Marketing and Communications
• Coordinating the monthly health professional e-newsletter;
• Assisting in the development of our digital communications for health professionals (web and social media, including Linkedin and Twitter);
• Working with our marketing communications and design teams to develop new health professional resources and information.
Administration and Data Management
• Carrying out day-to-day administrative and finance tasks to ensure the efficient running of the engagement programme;
• Being the first point of contact for telephone and email enquires for information from external organisations and individuals;
• Updating, maintaining and analysing our database and excel spreadsheets
Skills and experience
This role will suit someone who wants to gain experience of working in a charity or a busy office environment. You might be a recent graduate, someone looking for a change in career, or just wanting to try something new. It will be particularly beneficial to you if you want to gain events experience or get a feel for marketing and communications.
• Excellent IT skills - Word, Excel and Outlook
• Knowledge of social media – Twitter, Linkedin
• Strong communication skills, friendly and enthusiastic
• Organised and proactive
• A good team worker
Location and hours
Flexible days and times but ideally 1-2 days a week for at least one month.
Based at our London Bridge office.
• An introduction to the work of Prostate Cancer UK
• An Introduction to our Services team
We pay reasonable out-of-pocket expenses including travel and refreshments while volunteering in line with our expenses policy.