Run for Mum - event stewards
What needs to get done
Volunteer at our newest race Run for Mum and make sure that future generations of women with ovarian cancer have the best chances of survival. Sign up below and one of the team will be in touch soon with more information.
Date: Sunday 22 March 2020
Location: Hyde Park, London
Time: We need volunteers between 9am and 3pm. You can tell us your availability when you register to join the team at https://www.targetovariancancer.org.uk/volunteer-run-mum
How your contribution will help
What roles are available on the day?
• Set up and man the welcome area (9am start)
• Marshal the route to ensure participants know the way and encourage them with cheering (9.30am start)
• Celebrate with finishers by giving out medals and goody bags
Please be aware that Run for Mum is a sporting event and as such volunteering roles will be outdoors.
What you will get out of it
• Experience working with an events team
• Learn about how events are run on the day
• Gain experience of dealing with members of the public and supporters
• And, importantly, contribute to a successful fundraising event, helping to improve the lives of women with ovarian cancer, now and in the future
No previous knowledge or skills are required, we just ask that you arrive with a friendly smile and encourage our supporters with enthusiasm (and a loud cheering voice!).