Event Volunteer - Race for Life - Cancer Research UK, Wolverhampton - Sunday 12 June 2022
What needs to get done
• Helping set-up and pack down the event - This might include the course, signage, banners and marquees and getting water to the finish line.
• Support on the course - You could be located at one of our marshal points, cheering and encouraging our participants to keep them going along the course, or at the finish, point handing out the well-deserved bottle of water and medal. Perhaps you'll help take some photos for the CRUK social media pages too!
How your contribution will help
• 400,000 participants across the UK are limbering up to join the fight against cancer, but they can’t cross the finish line without the passion and energy of Event Day volunteers like you.
• Our events raise an incredible £40million each year and this funds our researchers who are working hard to make sure 3 in 4 people survive cancer by 2034.
• Whether you want to help at a Race for Life 5k, 10k or Pretty Muddy event, we’ve got more than 400 across the UK to choose from.
What you will get out of it
• Developing new and existing skills in event management.
• Gaining valuable experience for future roles.
• Gaining a unique insight into the world of the charity sector.
• Meeting new people and having fun.
• Travel and other reasonable expenses reimbursed, as agreed in advance with your Event Manager. Please see the Volunteering Policy.
• Helping to make our events happen and beating cancer sooner.